U-22 FILM EXTRACT
 
U-22 FILM EXTRACT: Music in progress
Tuesday 27 January 2009
Music in progress
As sound technician, I have been experimenting with different sounds and music clips on Garage Band to get an idea of what will sound right with the film.
With some ideas from the director I have a rough idea now of the tone and texture that will suit the film.
I have decided to use something quite quiet at the begining, at the moment I'm using a violin track which I think creates suspense. I then want to add a bass track to create contrast and build texture.
As Jack walks out of the building I then want to bring in some piano and a string section, while keeping the bass track as this creates a contrast between the inside of the building and the outside, which will set a more dramatic tone to the film.
Towards the end I will either go back to using the sounds from the begining of the piece to give the music some structure in the film, or keep on building texture so that when the film ends in silence it will have a more dramatic effect. This is something I will discuss with the director and other members of our group.

Labels:

posted by AS Film Studies Students @ 06:12  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Recent Posts
Post Archive
Post Labels
All FILM EXTRACT Blogs